What is greenhouse effect?
In recent years There is alarming information that the temperature of the earth is increasing day by day. A greenhouse effect is a process by which the heat radiated from the earth’s surface is absorbed by atmospheric greenhouse gases and re-radiated into the atmosphere. Even in the presence of this diffused heat on the surface, it returns to the lower atmosphere and raises the average surface temperature of the atmosphere.
What are greenhouse gases?
Increased carbon dioxide(CO2) around the earth is the main gas in this global warming. The primary greenhouse gases in the Earth’s atmosphere include water vapor(H2O), carbon dioxide(CO2), methane(CH4), nitrous oxide(N2O), and ozone(O3).
Reasons for the greenhouse effect:
The warming of the earth means the gradual warming of the air. Most meteorologists think that the greenhouse effect is an important factor in global warming.
- Deforestation, traffic congestion, rapid industrial growth, production of system products and the use of chlorofluorocarbons for packet production are causing this warming.
- The burning of fossil fuels and deforestation of carbon dioxide gas and methane and chlorofluorocarbon gases are causing global warming
- Use of Nitrogen Fertilizer in Agriculture – Nitrogen fertilizer is used in the land to increase the production of agricultural crops. This nitrogen reacts with the oxygen in the air to produce nitrous oxide.
- . Decomposition of organic waste – Decomposition of various types of organic waste, decomposition of dead plant and animal bodies and large amounts of methane gas released into the air from cattle excrement.
Downsides of greenhouse effect:
There are many downsides to the greenhouse effect.
- Carbon-di-oxide is slowly increasing in our space. What meteorologists predict is that temperatures could rise by 4 degrees Celsius in the middle of this century.
- Rising temperatures will cause glaciers to melt and the world’s oceans to rise, threatening flooding over vast areas.
- Rising temperatures will have an adverse effect on human health. Physicians expect an increase in the number of heart-related diseases, respiratory diseases and even mental disorders.
The greenhouse effect and its potential consequences will seriously affect not only humans, but the entire planet’s ecosystem.
What we need to do to prevent the greenhouse effect?
- Deforestation must be stopped.
- Caution should be exercised when using chlorofluorocarbon gas.
- Everyone needs to be made aware of the evils of greenhouse gases.
- Every thing has to be reused. The materials used to make an object recyclable use a lot of carbon to transport and process it. Still, it uses less energy than making new products. So recycling the product can reduce the damage.
The world is ours. So it is our responsibility to protect it. So we will try to protect the earth from the greenhouse effect by being aware of our own place.
- phobia types:phobia to long words, zoophobia. - May 31, 2021
- Aloe Vera: What Are the Benefitsof aloe vera leaf? - May 29, 2021
- Greenhouse Effect - April 3, 2021