What is Desktop Computer?
In this airticle we disscuss What is Desktop Computer and components. perhaps we all know because we see it in our homes, in offices, in shops. Most people consider computer monitor as computer which is not right as it is only one screen which shows us all the activities going on within it.
The collection of all devices is called a computer. It is a computer that is designed to be in a fixed location. Like laptops and other portable devices it does not have internal batteries, due to which it is always connected to a power source.Therefore, this term “desktop computer” is still used to separate personal Pcs and large computers such as mainframes and supercomputers.
For the past several years, desktop computers have been a very popular type of personal computer, but with more use of laptops, therefore, desktop Pcs have been overtaken in sales. But whatever new technology you bring, these desktop computers have always been a popular choice in many business workstations and on the basis of family computers.
So today I thought why should you be given information about what a desktop computer is in Hindi and how it works, so that you will get the answers to the questions arising in your mind. Then, without delay, let’s start and know what What is a desktop computer
Desktop Computer Definition : This is a personal computer that is fully fit above or below your desk. It has many components such as a monitor , keyboard , mouse , CPU etc.
It does not have batteries like other portable computers, instead they have to be constantly connected with a power source.
If you want to know more about Desktop Computer, then you will have to read this article completely.
What was the first desktop and when did it come?
The first desktop computer was the Hewlett Packard 9100A , introduced in 1968.These were the earliest computers , they used to be very big in the mid-1960s , which used to cover the space of almost entire rooms. At the same time, those who used to be smaller computers were called minicomputers, and they used to be of the size of a desk.
Where is the file created on the desktop?
A file (which is an abstract concept) in a real computer system also needs a real physical analogue if it exists anywhere.
If we talk about physical terms then most computer files are stored in some kind of storage device. For example, most operating systems store files on the hard disk itself.
What memory does the desktop use?
People often ask these questions, which memory is used in desktop or laptop. Then there is a simple answer – Desktops uses DIMM ( Dual Inline Memory Module ) boards while laptops use SODIMM ( Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module ) boards.
The size of SODIMMS is exactly half as compared to the width of DIMMs. They are used so that they can control temperature and power draw, where they can also consider battery life very well.Where DIMMS is installed in horizontal DIMM banks, SODIMMS has diagonally slanted banks so that it can create more space.
What is SODIMM? Why is it used in Notebook / Laptop Memory?
SODIMM has a full form Small Outline DIMM , it is a smaller version of DIMM Modules that are used in Desktop. SODIMM is mostly used in notebook or laptop computer. Because its size is small and it can be easily fit anywhere.The main difference between Notebook RAM and Desktop RAM is in its form factor; Which is its physical size and its pin configuration. A full-size DIMM consists of 100, 168, 184, or 240 pins and is typically 4.5 to five inches in length.In contrast, the SO DIMM consists of 72, 100, 144, or 200 pins and they are also smaller in size by about 2.5 to 3 inches.
Which desktop is right at present, Dell or Dell (HP)
If you want to buy a desktop computer, then you often come across two companies, DELL and Lenovo (HP). Let’s know about both of these Desktops.
About Dell Computers, which you must consider:
– Its desktop cases are very robust.
– good, reliable, efficient power supplies
– Most of these high end gaming desktop machines are in offer.
– It has good quality desktops, silent PCs.
– Most computer cases and motherboards are personalized, so they are not very compatible with normal ATX and mini ATX cases and computer boards.
– Some PCs also use a personalized connector for power supply.
– In some PCs, they use different coolers instead of standard ones, which makes it impossible to reuse in other computers.
– They have more good and reliable laptops.
– Reliable, more good quality display monitors, and also durable.
– It was completely 100% focused on Intel in the past.
About HP Computers, which you must consider:
– good, reliable desktop cases
– Better power supplies
– good desktops, और silent PCs
– They do not have much offers. Most Office is orinted.
– They use ATX mounting standard for their motherboards and computer cases
– They use standard connectors for their motherboards and use interchangeable coolers for CPU.
– They have good quality monitors, which have slightly better image quality than Dell, together it is more durable.
– There is better support from AMD.
In easy language, then I should say:
Dell: They are cheap, slightly slow in their paper specification, and they are more robust. Their laptop is much better than desktop.
HP: They are more pricey (expensive), faster, have better battery life which lasts longer. Their desktop is much better than laptop.
What are the Advantages of Desktop Computers?
Let’s know about the advantages of Desktop Computers.
- They are much cheaper than laptops. You can get better configuration at a lower price, which saves a lot of money from the user. They are mostly used in schools and offices.
- Charging and overheating are not the problem
- Where there is a problem of overheating due to over charging and overuse in laptops, there is no problem in desktop. You can use them by ON for hours.
- Can assemble easily and parts are easily available
- In Desktop, you can easily assemble any parts yourself, so you can customize it according to your needs.
But the laptop parts are mostly built in, so they are not easily available and their parts are also not expensive compared to the laptop.
What are Disadvantages of Desktop Computers
Let’s know about the disadvantages of Desktop Computers.
- Desktops are absolutely static. They are fixed in one place to use. At the same time, you can transfer the laptop from one place to another.
- Noisy and Space are required
- They are more noisy than laptops because they have larger components. Together they also consume more space as they are installed in a larger space. For this they need a separate desktop.
- It has less style and also has a lot of cables.
- There is no difference in his style in about 10 to 15 years. There are many changes in the style of laptops.
- Many Cables are used in Desktop which reduces its design.
I hope that I have given you complete information about what is a desktop computer and I hope you all have understood about desktop computer definition.
If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write down comments. With these ideas, you will get a chance to learn something and improve something.
What is Desktop Computer and components.What is Desktop Computer and components.What is Desktop Computer and components.What is Desktop Computer and components.
- Free fire and pubg should banned in bangladesh - August 20, 2021
- Top Captcha site Entry Job Sites Best Online Typing Jobs - August 4, 2021
- Windows 11 new features Windows 11 official coming - June 24, 2021